- 1 Val Demings Net Worth 2023
- 2 Val Demings Biography
- 3 Val Demings Career
- 4 Val Demings Assets & Liabilities
- 5 Val Demings Husband and Children
- 6 Val Demings Awards & Achievements
- 7 Val Demings Political Positions (Val Demings Political Views)
- 8 Val Demings Social media Accounts
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
On this page, you’ll discover details about Val Demings net worth, biography, age, husband, height, and a number of other things. Al Demings, a role model in the American political sphere with an estimated net worth of $5 million, has also worked as a law enforcement officer in the past.
If you’re a woman considering a career in politics but aren’t convinced, you should definitely look at her life.
Val Demings Net Worth 2023
According to Val Demings net worth, American politician Val Demings is a millionaire. She aims to have a net worth of $5 million by the year 2022. She currently makes $174,000 a year as a member of the US House of Representatives for Florida District 10.
Her political job as a former Chief of the Orlando Police Department is unquestionably the main source of her income. She has enough money in her bank account to live a luxurious lifestyle indefinitely, despite the fact that she is already retired.
|Net Worth||$5 Milllion+|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$174,000+|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$1.5 Million+|
Val Demings Biography
Val Demings is an American politician and former law enforcement officer who has served as the U.S. Representative for Florida’s 10th congressional district since 2017. Prior to her election to Congress, Demings served as Chief of the Orlando Police Department from 2007 to 2011.
Demings was born on March 12, 1957, in Jacksonville, Florida, U.S. She graduated magna cum laude from Florida State University with a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
After college, she began her career in law enforcement as a social worker and then worked as a patrol officer for the Orlando Police Department. She quickly rose through the ranks, eventually being named Chief of the department in 2007, becoming the first woman to hold that position.
In 2011, Demings retired from the Orlando Police Department and ran for political office. She was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2016 and has been re-elected twice.
In Congress, Demings has focused on issues such as criminal justice reform, gun violence prevention, and healthcare. She has also been a vocal critic of President Donald Trump and has supported the impeachment of the president.
|Real Name/Full Name||Valdez Venita Demings|
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name||Val Demings|
|Birth Place||Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday||12 March 1957|
|Age/How Old||65 Years Old|
|Education||Graduated, with a Master of Public Administration|
|School||Herbert H. Lehman High School|
|College||Florida State University, Webster University Orlando|
|Spouse/Husband Name||Jerry Demings (m.1988)|
|Active Years||1983- Present|
|Parents Name||Elouise Butler and James Butler|
|Eye Color||Light brown|
|Height/How Tall||In Centimetres – 164 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
|Net worth||$5 Million|
Val Demings Career
Val Demings is a U.S. Representative for Florida’s 10th congressional district. She was first elected to Congress in 2016 and has been re-elected twice, in 2018 and 2020. Before entering politics, Demings had a long career in law enforcement.
She began her career as a social worker and later joined the Orlando Police Department. She worked her way up through the ranks and was eventually appointed Chief of Police, becoming the first woman to hold this position in the department’s history.
During her time as Chief of Police, Demings implemented several initiatives to reduce crime and improve community relations, including establishing a community policing program and creating a unit to focus on domestic violence cases.
In Congress, Demings has focused on issues related to criminal justice reform, affordable healthcare, and protecting the environment. She has also been an advocate for gun control measures and has supported legislation to expand background checks and ban assault weapons.
Val Demings has served on several committees during her time in Congress, including the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, the House Judiciary Committee, and the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis.
In 2019, Demings was named one of Time magazine’s “100 Most Influential People” for her work on criminal justice reform and her efforts to reduce gun violence.
In 2020, Demings was a leading contender to be Joe Biden’s running mate in the presidential election. Although she was ultimately not selected, she was widely praised for her performance during the impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, where she served as one of the lead managers.
Demings has received numerous awards and recognition for her work in law enforcement and public service. She has been recognized by the Florida Police Chiefs Association, the Florida Sheriffs Association, and the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, among others.
Demings is also a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a historically Black sorority that focuses on community service and social justice. She has been actively involved in the sorority’s programs and initiatives, including the Delta Research and Educational Foundation and the Delta GEMS (Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully) program for young girls.
Throughout her career, Val Demings has been committed to public service and working to make a positive impact in her community.
Val Demings Assets & Liabilities
Assets – In 2018, 7 assets worth $518,008 to $1,195,000 were discovered.
Liabilities – 2 liabilities of a combined $1,015,002 to $5,050,000 were discovered in 2018
Val Demings Husband and Children
Jerry Demings, the current mayor of Orange County, Florida, and the ex-sheriff of Orange County, Florida, is Valdez Demings’ husband. He held the position of Chief of the Orlando Local Department (OPD) from 1999 to 2002, making him the first African American to attempt to do so.
While on patrol for the OPD, the two fell in love and got married in 1988. They have three kids together.
Val Demings Awards & Achievements
Val Demings is an American politician and former law enforcement officer who has served as the U.S. Representative for Florida’s 10th congressional district since 2017. Prior to her election to Congress, Demings served as Chief of the Orlando Police Department from 2007 to 2011. Some of her awards and achievements include:
- Graduated magna cum laude from Florida State University with a Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Receiving the International Association of Chiefs of Police’s “Triple Crown Award” for her work in community policing
- Being named the “Woman of the Year” by the Florida Police Chiefs Association
- Being inducted into the Florida Women’s Hall of Fame in 2012
- Being named one of the “25 Most Influential People” in Central Florida by the Orlando Sentinel in 2013
- Being named one of the “100 Most Influential People in the World” by Time magazine in 2020
- Receiving the “Distinguished Alumna Award” from Florida State University’s College of Criminology and Criminal Justice in 2016
- Being named one of the “Top 50 Most Influential Women in Central Florida” by the Orlando Business Journal in 2017
- Receiving the “Sheriff’s Award” from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office in 2018
- Being named one of the “Women of the Year” by the Orlando Sentinel in 2018
- Receiving the “Champion of Justice Award” from the Florida Justice Association in 2018
- Being named one of the “Women to Watch” by the Florida Chamber of Commerce in 2019
- Receiving the “Champion for Children Award” from the Children’s Home Society of Florida in 2019
- Being named one of the “Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business” by the Orlando Business Journal in 2020
- Receiving the “Community Leader Award” from the Orange County Democratic Party in 2020
- Being named one of the “Power 100 Most Influential People” by the Florida Politics website in 2020
- Receiving the “Humanitarian Award” from the Florida Bar Foundation in 2020
- Being named one of the “Top 25 Most Influential People” in Central Florida by the Orlando Sentinel in 2020
- Being named one of the “50 Most Powerful Women in Florida” by the Florida Trend magazine in 2021
- Being named one of the “Top 100 Most Influential Women in Florida” by the Florida International University’s Women’s Leadership Initiative in 2021
Val Demings Political Positions (Val Demings Political Views)
- For 2017, 2018, and 2019, NARAL Pro-Choice America gave Demings a perfect score on their voting scale. From the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, she scored a perfect score for 2020.
- The Susan B. Anthony List, a pro-life organization, gave her an F.
- The American Civil Liberties Union awarded Demings a perfect score of 100 for his performance in the 117th Congress.
weather and environment
- Using ratings from 2017 through 2021, the League of Conservation Voters gave Demings a lifetime grade of 97%.
- Demings is in favor of doing away with the filibuster in the Senate of the United States.
Gun policy (Gun control)
- Demings has stated that she wants to prevent “those who wish to cause damage” from obtaining firearms, adding that the legislation she supports regarding gun control “isn’t about taking guns away from responsible, law-abiding individuals.
- She backed the Gun Violence Restraining Order Act of 2017, which would have given authorities a legal way to temporarily seize firearms from those who pose a threat to others or themselves.
- According to Demings, “We must do all in our power to ensure that law enforcement has the resources it needs to more efficiently carry out the increasingly difficult task of keeping our country secure.
- A significant step toward accomplishing that is the Gun Violence Restraining Order Act.”
- Demings opposes arming teachers following the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in 2018, labeling the idea “it would “simply shift the burden from politicians to others,” calling it “stupid.”
- It transfers the suffering, the harm, and the culpability on school personnel who will be outclassed and out-armed in active shooter scenarios.”
- Demings has committed to supporting and upholding the Affordable Care Act.
- In a congressional report on insulin prices released in June 2019, Demings criticized manufacturers for driving up prices considerably above their costs of production and claimed it was “inexcusable” that “American families are dying for the sake of corporate profit.”
Removing President Donald Trump From Office
- Demings was one of seven House impeachment managers who presented the impeachment case against Trump during his trial before the US Senate on December 18, 2019, and she voted in favor of both articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
- Demings cast his vote in favor of the sole article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on January 13, 2021.
U.S. Electoral College vote total for 2021
- Demings and Representative Cori Bush sponsored House Resolution 25 on January 11, 2021, which sought to expel the 138 Republican U.S. Representatives who voted to object to the electoral college certification, citing the unusually contentious 2021 United States Electoral College vote count and the 2021 storming of the U.S. Capitol.
Val Demings Social media Accounts
Val Demings completed a graduate degree in criminology while working as a patrol officer for the Orlando Police Department. 27 years of service in this department. Following that, join politics in Florida and other states. With a salary and other personal investments as sources of income, Val Demings net worth is $5 million.
Visit our website frequently to get more fascinating facts about international celebs. I hope you’ve learned everything there is to know about Val Demings. We give reliable information about various people.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Val Demings net worth?
The estimated net worth of Val Demings is $5 million.
What is the name of Val Demings’s husband?
The name of Val Demings’s husband is Jerry Demings (m.1988).
What is the Height of Val Demings?
Val Demings is 1.64 meters(164 cm) tall.
How old is Val Deming?
Val Demings is 65 years old right now (12 March 1957).
Where was Val Demings born?
Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.
Has Val Demings passed any bills?
Recently Introduced Bills
Act to Protect Public Health and Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (H.R. 8610). The Internet Freedom Rapid Response Act of 2022 is H.R. 8075.
Disclaimer: The amount listed above for Val Demings net worth is merely an estimate. The information was obtained through a variety of resources, including online, in-person, and/or over the phone. There is a possibility that the information is out of date or that it may vary.